August 15, 2012

Sewing Project - Quick Pants

Hei Babes........

Last night Mommy already shared to you my Veritas story, my first sewing machine story. I also did a trial to get used on using my Veritas, so I made a baby pants, an easy one for a newbie like me ;p. It was awkward when I first worked on the sewing machine, still NEED to adjust on the rhythm between the foot dynamo-the needle-and the right gesture on guiding the fabric. Do you know how hard it is just to sew a straight line!?! 

Okay, like I did mention on the previous post how I often spent my time browsing on free video Tutorials on Youtube, and yes I subscribed to a lot of craft channels. One of my favorite channel is TheCraftGemini, you can find easy-to-follow video Tutorials of Sewing, Quilting, and Cooking, and yesterday I tried to make a baby pants based on how is taught on the video. So....let me share you the step-by-step pictures....Notes : I'll just give some short captions on each pictures since this is my first project (oh, I'm so embarrassed as the sewing rookie ;p), but I'll be giving you the full video tutorial on how to make it (^^,)......


Choose a baby pants for the template and place it with the long side of the pants on the folded side of the fabric, like in the picture below.


Trace it on the wrong side of your fabric


Don't forget to add 1/2" for seam allowance, cut it, and do another one with the same steps.


Now you'll have two pants patterns.


Unfolded the two patterns, match them together with the right side facing each other on the inside, as in the picture. Pinned and sew both of the Crotch.


Irons to smooth the pants lines. I also found it easier to sew the legs without the need to pin. 


Now we can sewing the legs part, then hem the bottom of the feet.


I'm using elastic for the waist.


And.....Voila, my first baby pants!

If you notice I'm using the zig-zag stitch when making this pants. Why...? Because my straight stitch is a big mess! I need to practice on it a lot! Another mistakes I made was the waist. I didn't measure it properly. Remember the baby pants I chose for the template? It's using elastic and on the small size of it. Now, the right thing I should do is to stretch it to get the original measure of the waist.....like in the picture below :




All in all, I'm pretty happy with the result, and of course I have a lot of Notes to be fixed on another projects to come. After all, a perfect Diamond needs a long process to make....got it!?! Now, as I promise before, I'll give you the video of How-To from TheCraftGemini....do check out her channel on Youtube, so informative and so much helpful. Sweet dream Sweet Pies.... :*



No comments: