November 14, 2012

Another Crochet Ribbed Beanie

Heeeey, Dear...!

Horaay for Mommy as I just finished another Crochet Ribbed Beanie for your Grandpa. Made from the same yarn like your Daddy's beanie, LB Vanna's Choice in Dark Grey. BUT, unfortunately there weren't enough yarn for the crown, so I substitute it with Caron Country in Charcoal. Not much different from the colour tone, but they do different in fiber character --Caron is more light and flexible--. However, you will hardly notice it, as it only on the couple of rounds of the crown ;p.

Anyway, like I told you before here that this Crochet Ribbed Beanie is an easy pattern and one of my favourite. It isn't crochet in rounds-top-to-bottom, instead it made in rows so you can get that 'knit-ribbed' look. The rows part are easy, but it's a bit tricky for me to ending the crown. I've tried to look on Youtube on 'How-to' ending crochet beanie, but I found nothing. Of course, that's because commonly Hat or Beanie is crochet from top-to-bottom. BUT, then I found these two videos that help me so much with this 'case'. Now...I'll happily share the videos to you so you guys can also tried this wonderful pattern for yourself or your loved one :D




The second video, I don't know why, can not embed. But you can go straight to her youtube channel here....also you'll found other fun crochet project tutorials from Teresa. Oh, and believe me, Miss Teresa is a very wonderful crochet teacher :)

So...may my Angels have a wonderful crocheting times, and wish you all a beautiful-wonderful Hat to wear on ;D.

XOXO..... :*

No comments: