September 12, 2012

Ain't No Stepford Wife

Hi Honey.....

How's your day, Dear...? (^^,)

I just did a little catch up on the newest post on childhood101 and read some old post when I nod and nod and nod to read this particular post :

Mum in the Hot Seat: Life is not meant to be picture perfect

Oh yes, sometimes I do forget that chaotic is includes in the package the time a baby is arrived in the house. No wonder I'm often times feel frustrated when every times I managed to make the room neat and second later the room looks like it has never been cleaned...guess I'm hoping something impossible (-_-').

Back on my single life, it was so easy for me to keep everything manageable and organize and neat, especially since I'm a perfectionist and organized person. So when babies start coming in, and then they start to walk and start on thinking that every stuff in the room could be some kind of entertaining, that is the time when I started to pull my hair off......As well as when I started to cut my hair short and start the 'everything is maxi' collection in my wardrobe, that's because my time is cut off for dressing up my children first. When it's time for me to dress up, it only enough to put on my lipbalm.....I repeat : just putting on my lipbalm!


So, when I read what had Kellie wrote, it takes me to remember again how often Aisya always said how beautiful I am when we were going out, even when I only wore my face powder and lip gloss. And how she loves to play beauty salon with me and pretending she shampooing my hair and then says, "I want my hair long like yours, Mommy"....Also, as far as I remember even though my house is not as neat as a Hotel room, it also doesn't required to be on The Clean House show either. Hence for that, I totally agree with Kellie that :

  1. Beauty doesn't lie on how shiny my shoes are
  2. The House doesn't have to be spotless ALL the time
  3. Sometimes I need to let go (in my case, I need to be more flexible ;p)
  4. It's the simple things in life that often brings the greatest joy... :)

If I may add another lesson that I learn from my children is....Don't forget to have FUN!







No comments: